Friday, August 10, 2012

Hamburg Harbour




Speicherstadt – the world’s most extensive continuous warehouse complex and is now a very expensive business district.




                    

Seagulls home





Seagulls home


Rickmer Rickmers

Cabo San Diego freight ship



Old Elbtunnel leading under the Elbe River



The head part of the Rickmer Rickmers ship


This boat transport people from one end of the harbor to the other end where the Opera House is located.

Hotel Hafen located in front of  the harbor

Landungsbrücken (landing stages)

Landungsbrücken (landing stages)

Brucke 4 (Pier 4)


 FACTS:
The famous Harbor of Hamburg is the largest port in Germany, and the second-largest port in Europe after Rotterdam in the Netherlands. The deep, wide waters of the Elbe have allowed the city a location that is unusually far inland. This makes it ideal for delivering goods deep into the heart of the country, and made the city the second busiest port in Europe. It's not only warehousing, industrial and logistic center but also a backdrop for modern culture and the ports history. About it's history there are various museum ships; musical theaters, bars, restaurants and hotels - and even a floating boat church. It covers an area of more than 7,200 hectares, and it was founded on May 7, 1189. Hamburg celebrates this date with the "Hafengeburtstag", a big funfair. 






28 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing, it is giving me idea on places in Germany... who knows I might be there one day...:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a peaceful site unlike in bays in Manila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hamburg is a lovely city. I like the port city's architecture, which gives out a strong, sturdy character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! :) I'd love to visit Germany soon.

    http://www.dekaphobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's something about harbor that's so beautiful when the sea connects with land and the structures within and the yatch and boats within.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A floating boat church? Sounds like fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the pictures are great. The scenic views are attractive to the viewers. Are you a seaman? lol.ahm can you cticize my photo taken at NMP? http://theaprblog.blogspot.com/2012/08/scenic-views-at-national-maritime.html :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pictures makes you want to go inside of it and experience the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for sharing the photos. you've given us a chance to take a peek at what's it like in hamburg (port).

    great weather you got there. i wished for the same here.

    http://www.entertainmentgeneral.info

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Amazing scenery and I never really thought that boats/yacht those big really exist, LOL! Such a peaceful place unlike the ports here in Manila.

    xoxo,
    http://angievianzon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pics.... I want to have all these boats... can I have those boats? hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those shots are nice, especially the elbtunnel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photographs!

    http://mamibells.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are really good captures, specially those boats, i love boats

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your post has provided me a glimpse of a place that I can only hope at best to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful place!!! would love to visit Hamburg someday too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good shots! These are places in Germany that I look to visit if I have a chance to travel. But as of this moment, I'm just dreaming about it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. great shots... photography is art.. and I remember one photographer said that and he added.. it is art that its beauty depends on the audience.. it maybe good to you but not to others.. I love the shot with the blue post lining up

    ReplyDelete
  20. Germany is not on my travel wish list but your pix tells me I should put it there.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great pics here! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice shots! If I'm not mistaken, my mom has been to some of those places during the late 80s-early 90s. Maybe some day I could go there too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. great photos! I wish to visit Germany someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice pictures! I can't help but notice how clean Germany is ha..sana dito din!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Taking pictures of a different location makes one want to go there and experience the same. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those pics are so nice and depicted a lot about the beauty of the place. I just hope we could get to have that kind of sea water and ambiance on our own, like Manila Bay.

    ReplyDelete
  27. By looking at the pictures it seems I am into Germany already. Thanks for sharing with us your pictures. Great Shots.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts